- We are a group of friends who hang out together and share the same musical interests. What started as a group of friends jamming together and then we started composing songs so we decided we should go through with this project. Our first gig was a contest organized by Ultra Sound Studios, which we won and gave us the opportunity to record our EP.
2.So far you have released an ep and full length, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on both recordings and also how do they differ from each other?
- On the EP you can listen to some stoner, sludge and groove metal influences, while in the full length we added some hardcore, thrash, and rock & roll influences to the mix, yet keeping the same simple formula that defines CF's musicality.
3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
- the lyrics we write have the same approach that you can listen in our music. We keep it simple and talk about our daily lives. Hanging out together, drinking, smoking and the brotherhood we got, not only between band members, but also between our friends and family who gave us a huge support since day one.
4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Crossed Fire'?
- The name represents the different musical background that all members have from previous bands.
5.What are some of the best shows that that the band has played so far and also how would you describe your stage performance?
- I would say our best concert so far was on the release party of " Life's a Gamble". Everyone drunk and high, and a cracked head. Couldn't be better
6.Do you have any touring or show plans for the new album?
- At the moment we got no tours planned. X-mas came up so we decided to take a small break until 2015 starts.
7.The new album was self-released, are the band members open to working with another record label again in the future or do you prefer the DIY method?
- The album was released by Hellxis Records and so was our EP. We hope to continue to work with the label in the future, since we are happy with it and made both of the releases possible
8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of stoner and groove metal?
- We haven't played outside Portugal yet, so getting our music out to reach more fans worldwide is gonna take some more time and effort. There are some international reviews to our album and all the feedback we got has been really positive
9.What is going on with some of the other musical projects or bands these days that some of the band members are a part of?
- At the moment none of us have any side-projects.
10.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
- We might throw some more influences here and there to the mix, but the formula will remain the same. We are happy with what we got
11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
- I would say that the thrash/hardcore influences are the most common between the band members. besides that some membrers like to listen: punk, metal, sludge , stoner and doom.
12.What are some of your non musical interests?
- beer, smoking and bacon
13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
- drink fight fuck. Rock out with your cock out