Sunday, June 19, 2016

Doomain Interview

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?
1) Doomain it’s a traditional-Doom Metal band, inspired by the feelings of the Epic Doom. Less frippery, evil riffs, epic melodies; totlly old-school.

2.Recently you have released a demo, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?
2) Seems stupid but I just tried to write some songs. That’s all. No intros, less riffs, refrains.
It’s not a commercial purpose, I just wanted to play the essence. The 3-minutes-intros are boring, like the long solos or the psychedelics stuff which can’t make you feel something. My house window overlooks on a cemetery and I just tried to create solemns, cemeterial and epic sounds. Nothing more.


3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you explore with your music?
3) The thing that I really hate is to write lyrics, I’m not very able to do that job.
My lyrics speaks about blood, fights, wars, death, honor and bullshits like these ones.
I can speak about all, it’s not a limit for me. Said this, my lyrics will never speaks about religion or politic in a serious way. These are only tales, just entertainment.


4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Doomain'?
4) Taking the d(o)omain of the Doom Metal world! Becoming the number one! I’m joking, obviously.


5.With this project you record everything by yourself but have had experience playing in a full band, how would you compare the 2?
5) Obviously the best for a musician it’s playing with other peoples, but even if I live in a city like Milan,
finding someone for a more-members band it’s still hard, above all for a genre like the traditional Doom Metal. This is not my first “solitude experince”, also years ago, with my Punk band called “Gore”, I was the only one in the project. At least with the time I learn many things which helpes me when I’m alone. About the vocals it has been really hard, I didn’t sung for many years and my voice is rusted, for now. Anyway, for the next album, there will be a real drummer!



6.Are you open to working with other musicians in a live sitting or are you planning on keeping this as a studio project?
6) At the moment no, I don’t want to bring Doomain in live side, but we’ll see in the future.


7.The demo was released on 'Masked Dead Records', can you tell us a little bit more about this label?
7) Masked Dead Records it’s an emerging and crazy label. Matteo (the owner) it’s at his debut,
and makes fantastic things that only a young man can do, that is all what he wants. Fuck the music business.


8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of doom metal?
8) Masked Dead Records printed 50 copies, so speaking about it it’s a little big. Doomain it’s a very little band. But many of the copies has been sold out of Italy, and I am really happy with this.


9.Where do you see yourself heading into musically during the future?
9) In the future? As new Black Sabbath member!
Sincerely, I don’t know which will be my “doom”, but I just hope to keep playing good music.
Today I like the dark world of Doom Metal, toworrow… Who can say what I’ll play?


10.What are some of the bands or musical projects that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
10) A lot! You ready? First of all, the finnish Sarcofagus, a stunning band! “Envoy of Death" (1980, a massive masterpiece) it’s not totally Doom but it’s very dark and evil. Kimmo Kuusniemi guitar parts are fabolous, same for the “harsh” vocals of Jukka Homi ! The album has been repressed in 1996 by Mellotron Records, which years ago had a shop near my house. Obviously the other main influences comes from Saint Vitus, Black Sabbath & Dio, maybe the best “Metal” singer ever. The italians Death SS, Angel Witch, Manowar, Warlorld and the great Scald, an underground band that any fan of the Epic Doom should know. The other influences comes from the extreme Metal, like Nifelheim , their “Devils Force” it’s a masterpiece: the evil and melodic use of the guitars, sons of Iron Maiden and Treblinka it’s incredible!
I also want to recomend you two italians bands: Psychedelic Witchcraft and Hands Of Orlac, two Rock/Doom fantastic band, very different compared to Doomain. I also love the old school Death Metal (‘80’s/’90’s), Elvis’ Rock’n’Roll, Meteors’ Psychobilly, Misfits’ Punk and many other stuff.


11.What are some of your non musical interests?

11) I am a very curious guy: I collect old toys, comics, bands’ and film’s t-shirts, cds/lps, dvds, films’ posters. I also love photography and cooking.


12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
12) Yes sure, THANK YOU. This is the most important word I want to tell you.
If underground bands still exists it’s only cause of you, which within the bands you live in the underground; like us, for only passion. THANK YOU, really. – Gore Soprano

No comments:

Post a Comment